Asim and Gari are “on assignment” in NYC this week, so the Basecast is brought to you by Ben, Andy and Nico. This week, we talk about PlayStation’s Acquisition of Bungie, Battlefield’s disappointing sales figures, and, inevitably, NFTs. This week’s it’s Team17’s turn to announce then backtrack on things. We also talk about what we’ve been playing, and wrap up the rest of the news at the end!
- Intro and what we’ve been playing – 00:00
- PlayStation buys Bungie – We discuss what it means – 18:30
- EA announce confirm Battlefield’s poor launch – 36:30
- Inevitably, NFTs. Team17’s snafu – 46:10
- News round-up (Discord on PS5, FTC looking into MS/Activision, New Game Pass titles) – 54:23
- Outro – 1:10:23