2K games have announced that BioShock is now available to purchase via the iOS app store for £10.49.
For those who have yet to experience BioShock, the game sends players on an adventure to explore the submerged Art Deco city of Rapture to fight deranged survivors of a failed objectivist utopia, and genetically modify their own DNA to gain superhuman powers. The game also features a new leaderboard system, an in-app digital artbook (based on the original Special Edition), and a new player profile function that allows players to see how they stack up against their friends with a number of personal in-game stats that track how many weapons and plasmids are used, the number of enemies killed, and more. Features include:
- Explore an incredible and unique art deco world hidden deep under the ocean;
- Collect an arsenal of weapons, ranging from standard firearms such as the pistol, machine gun and shotgun, to makeshift explosives such as the grenade launcher, chemical thrower, and crossbow;
- Upgrade weapons at a series of one-time use Power-to-the-People stations scattered throughout the city for added capabilities, including decreased kickback, increased rate of fire, bigger clip size, or additional damage;
- Augment the body with Plasmids to empower the player with dozens of super-natural abilities that range from spawning mini-tornados or bolts of electricity from ones hands, to igniting flammable objects, or controlling nearby security devices;
- Control the city of Rapture by reprograming enemy security bots into personal bodyguards, modifying vending machines to change item prices, and transforming machine gun security turrets into useless pieces of metal;
- Make meaningful decisions as the player decides to either leave the underwater dystopian city in a rapid state of decline as part of an effort to save themselves, or risk it all to become their savior.
Let us know if you will be purchasing BioShock via the comment section below.