Return to the Nightmare that started it all as Deep Silver have today announced the Dead Island Definitive Collection.
This awesome collection features fully remastered and greatly improved versions of the series’ first two instalments, get ready for the ultimate Dead Island experience. Both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide have been fully updated using Techland‘s next gen engine, adding significant visual and performance upgrades, whilst introducing cutting edge current-generation graphical effects. Features include:
- Higher Quality Textures – Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system – The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look, enhancing the stunning tropical setting
- Physically based shading – The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing – The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets – All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects – The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world
- Updated game UI – Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Current-gen Console Experience – The Dead Island Redux Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up – And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
The collection, which includes the first two games and Dead Island Retro Revenge as a bonus will be released on May 31st for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC for £29.99. The first two, Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will also be available via physical downloads on the same day for £14.99 each.
Take a look at the trailer and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.