Apart from checking out the odd game or two at E3 last week, I had the opportunity to visit the Turtle Beach booth and get introduced to some of their new products. As is always the case with Turtle Beach, I was left impressed.
I was shown many new headsets ranging from the expensive (top range) to the not-so-expensive (budget but still good), but I was left most impressed by the completely wireless Xbox One EAR FORCE Stealth 420X headset. No wires to the console and none to the controller as well, yet still delivering top quality audio.
Another headset caught my eyes and ears too, the EAR FORCE PX24. Pretty much half the price of the EAR FORCE Stealth 420X, this beauty supported PS4, PC, Mac and mobile device on top of the Xbox One. Yes, a multiplatform headset delivering some more than decent audio at a very reasonable price. I’ll be looking out for a pair of these!
On top of that, I was left utterly amazed by the HyperSound Clear system and speakers. Through the magic of technology, only the person sitting in the vicinity of the speakers (so straight ahead) will hear the sound (3D audio) coming out of them. How cool is that? Imagine doing some late night gaming with those, not having to worry about waking people up! I probably haven’t even done it justice, so read the official description of HyperSound Clear below as well as all the other new headsets Turtle Beach had on show at E3.
We’ve got a lovely booth tour video nestled in there too, don’t forget to give that a watch! Hopefully we’ll have a review or two for you soon.
- HyperSound Clear – HyperSound technology is a fundamentally new approach to sound delivery that utilizes thin panels to generate an ultrasound beam that carries audio through the air. The panels direct sound in a narrow, controlled beam; much the way a flashlight directs a beam of light. When an individual enters the beam, they hear immersive 3D audio, similar to wearing a surround sound headset. HyperSound Clear speakers have been shown to improve sound clarity and speech intelligibility in individuals with hearing loss. Researchers estimate that one in five Americans, and one in three people over age 65, suffer from hearing loss. Impacting over 48 million Americans, hearing loss is the third most common chronic physical condition in the United States. An estimated 360 million people worldwide suffer from some form of hearing loss, and HyperSound Clear is on the verge of offering a new way for people with hearing loss to once again enjoy home entertainment.
- EAR FORCE Stealth 420X Wireless Xbox One Gaming Headset – The EAR FORCE Stealth 420X is Turtle Beach’s third 100% fully wireless officially licensed gaming headset designed for Xbox One. The Stealth 420X is completely wireless for both game and chat audio, meaning no wires to the controller or Xbox One, and features booming 50mm speakers and an updated headset design with perforated, synthetic leather-wrapped ear-cups for added comfort. The Stealth 420X includes an adjustable and removable high-sensitivity boom mic with Mic Monitoring and separate game and chat audio volume controls. Additionally, the Stealth 420X comes with four Turtle Beach audio presets and a rechargeable battery delivering up to 15 hours of use for those long Xbox One gaming sessions. The EAR FORCE Stealth 420X is planned to launch July 18, 2015 for a MSRP of $179.95.
- EAR FORCE PX24 Amplified Multiplatform Gaming Headset – Built on Turtle Beach’s best-selling X12 and PX22 headset design, the EAR FORCE PX24 is a multiplatform gaming headset for PlayStation 4, Xbox One1, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices, and features Turtle Beach’s all-new, innovative EAR FORCE SuperAmp battery powered in-line amplifier that delivers crisp highs and thundering lows to the PX24’s 50mm speakers. The SuperAmp also includes convenient fingertip controls allowing listeners to tune the headset to their preferred gaming platform, and provides audio enhancements like Superhuman Hearing, Variable Bass Boost, Turtle Beach Virtual Surround Sound and Variable Mic Monitoring. The PX24 also features an adjustable, high-sensitivity boom mic. The EAR FORCE PX24 is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $79.95.
- EAR FORCE Stealth 450 Wireless Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset – A 100% fully wireless PC gaming headset with large 50mm speakers, the EAR FORCE Stealth 450 features DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound and custom DTS Surround Sound modes combined with four Turtle Beach audio presets to further immerse fans in their favorite games, movies and music. The Stealth 450 also includes Superhuman Hearing, which gives players the competitive advantage of hearing enemies before they come into view, as well as Variable Mic Monitoring, an adjustable high-sensitivity boom mic that can be removed when watching movies and listening to music, and a rechargeable battery delivering up to 15 hours of use. The EAR FORCE Stealth 450 is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $129.95.
- EAR FORCE Recon 60P Gaming Headset – An amplified digital stereo headset for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation®3, the EAR FORCE Recon 60P plugs directly into an available USB port to deliver amazing sound and Mic Monitoring, and features 40mm speakers and a brand new over-ear design for added comfort. The Recon 60P comes with an adjustable and removable high-sensitivity boom mic, plus convenient in-line Volume and Mic Mute controls, and is multiplatform compatible2 for Xbox One1, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices in addition to the PS4™ and PS3™. The EAR FORCE Recon 60P is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $49.95.
- EAR FORCE Recon 50 / Recon 50X / Recon 50P Gaming Headsets – The EAR FORCE Recon 50 series gaming headsets are multiplatform compatible for PC and Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and mobile/tablet devices, and feature a brand new, lightweight over-ear design with 40mm speakers built for great sound and extended comfort. The Recon 50/50X/50P comes with an adjustable and removable high-sensitivity boom mic and convenient in-line controls for Volume and Mic Muting. The Recon 50 also includes a PC-Y adapter3 for universal PC, Mac and mobile/tablet compatibility. The EAR FORCE Recon 50, EAR FORCE Recon 50X and EAR FORCE Recon 50P gaming headsets are planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $39.95.
- EAR FORCE Recon 30X Chat Headset – Featuring an original, innovative slotted ear-cup design, Turtle Beach’s EAR FORCE Recon 30X is an officially licensed chat headset for Xbox One, and also works with PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices. The Recon 30X comes with convenient in-line Volume and Mic Mute controls, and features a single 40mm over-ear speaker with a unique, slotted design enabling players to hear game audio with both ears for a much better audio experience. The EAR FORCE Recon 30X is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $24.95.