That’s the news from G4TV who don’t have a concrete launch date or confirmed price structure yet but the way the article is worded it sounds very much like a new subscription service for EA SPORTS titles could be imminent. So I guess what you all want to know is what you’ll be getting for your hard earned money so here’s a run down of the subscription benefits.
- Discounts on all downloadable content for participating EA Sports titles (possibly up to 30% off)
- Full downloadable versions of participating titles before they come out in stores
- Exclusive membership recognition badge that appears on both your online and in-game profile
- Ability to transfer paid content from current pariticpating titles to future versions
- Free and exclusive opportunities to extend your EA Sports experience to the PC and Web
- Free and exclusive EA Sports downloadable content for participating console-based titles
So our question to you is very simple, would you be willing to part with your cash to subscribe to these benefits? Do you play enough EA SPORTS titles other than FIFA to make this worth while?
It’s highly likely that this premium service will be in place well before FIFA 12 hits the shelves, interesting times lie ahead.