2K and Turtle Rock Studios have today announced a new update for Evolve, which introduces a new trapper class hunter, Jack.
The update, which comes as part of the Hunting Season 2 Pass, also includes a free new Arena Mode map. An official description for Jack is as follows:
Jack, who refers to himself as The Jackal, joins the Evolve lineup with an all-new set of abilities and weapons. Jack dual-wields pistols, tracks and traps the Monster with a hacked Survey Satellite that locates enemies, and uses his Repulsor gloves to stop Monsters in their tracks.
The new map is titled Murder Pits, which features a giant pit-fighting stadium designed exclusively for Arena Mode, is also available today. Each arena on the map presents a different, unique challenge to players, for example:
- ‘Jail’ houses dangerous wildlife, freed by doors that open randomly;
- ‘Outhouse’ is a straightforward arena encouraging players to control the high ground;
- ‘Quarry’ carves out a tall, narrow environment stacked with rooms;
- ‘Saloon’ features a series of rooms surrounding a deadly Tyrant pool;
- ‘Laughter House’ contains two chambers separated by a wall that can only be opened by the Monster player.
Lastly, the new update brings Hunt 2.0, which brings significant improvements to Evolve’s Hunt mode. This includes improved matchmaking, revamped leaderboards, and more. In Hunt 2.0, players can choose to play exclusively as a Monster or Hunter, and will never join a match already in progress. Let us know what you think of the new updates to Evolve in the comment section below.