The wonderful people at 2K, Turtle Rock Studios and ESL have today revealed the Proving Grounds Tournament for Evolve.
The tournament will be played out over three months, and sees players compete across qualifying and regional events, with top teams vying for a share of the Global Finale’s $100,000 prize pool provided by 2K. It will be played exclusively on the Xbox One, produced by ESL, the world’s largest e-sports company. Qualifying Rounds will begin on April 26th, with the Global Finale in Los Angeles the week of June 15th. The Proving Grounds Tournament is open globally to all players with an Xbox Live Gold membership and an ESL account, where you can sign up here. Details for the tournament include:
Player Pool and Qualifying Rounds
- The Proving Grounds Tournament player pool is comprised of two regions: North America and Europe;
- Players from the United States, Canada and Mexico will compete for a trip to the North American Semifinals in Burbank, Calif.;
- Players from all other eligible countries* will compete for a trip to the European Semifinals in Cologne, Germany;
- Four winning teams from each region will be determined at the conclusion of the four weekly Qualifying Rounds:
- Each Qualifying Round is open to 128 teams per region, with each team consisting of five players;
- The Qualifying Rounds will take place across four consecutive Sundays in 2015: April 26, May 3, May 10 and May 17;
- Teams may participate in multiple Qualifying Rounds;
- The Qualifying Rounds will incorporate the following prize structure, provided by 2K:
- Winning teams from each Qualifying Round will receive $100;
- Second place teams from each Qualifying Round will win $50;
- The top four teams from each region at the conclusion of the Qualifying Rounds will receive a trip to their respective Semifinals.
- The four winning European Region teams from the Qualifying Rounds will receive a trip to attend the European Semifinals at ESL’s Cologne, Germany studio on May 24, 2015;
- The four winning North American Region teams from the Qualifying Rounds will receive a trip to attend the North American Semifinals at ESL’s Burbank, Calif. studio on May 31, 2015;
- The European and North American Semifinals will be broadcast live on Twitch at http://twitch.tv/evolvegame;
- The Regional Semifinals will incorporate the following prize structure, provided by 2K and Microsoft:
- The top two teams from each Regional Semifinal will receive $2,500 and a trip to Los Angeles for the Proving Grounds Tournament Global Finale;
- The third place team at each Regional Final will receive $1,500;
- The fourth place team at each Regional Final will win $1,000;
- Additional prizing to be provided by Microsoft.
- The top two teams from each Regional Semifinals tournament will travel to Los Angeles for the Proving Grounds Tournament Global Finale the week of June 15, 2015;
- Teams will compete in front of a live studio audience; the finals will also be broadcast live on Twitch at http://twitch.tv/evolvegame;
- Teams will play for a piece of the Global Finale’s $100,000 prize pool, provided by 2K:
- The winning Proving Grounds Tournament team will win $62,500;
- The second place team will win $20,000;
- The third place team will earn $12,500;
- The fourth place team will receive $5,000.
Good luck to everyone entering, and be sure to let us know if you think you have what it takes via the comment section below.