Microsoft have revealed the Halo Infinity Multiplayer experience for Halo 4. Players will build their custom Spartan-IV super soldier, and progress their multiplayer career across the brand-new episodic Spartan Ops campaign, and the multitude of competitive War Games modes.
Players will also earn experience and unlock new Specialisations in both Spartan Ops and War Games. The Limited Edition and War games map pass will provide players the opportunity to stamp their mark on the battlefield.
There are eight Specialisations in the game and players can achieve higher ranks in their career once progressed beyond level 50. As players level up through these dedicated paths, they will earn a bristling arsenal of combat-enhancing armour mods that provide even more options to customise their Spartan-IV to fit their preferred role on the battlefield. In addition, armour sets, emblems, visor colours, weapon and armour skins unique to each Specialisation distinguish players Spartan-IV from other players in Halo Infinity Multiplayer.
Wetwork and Pioneer Specialisations will be available at launch of the game. . The remaining six Specialisations are available by pre-ordering the standard Halo 4 game (£49.99) exclusively at GAME and gamestation stores. Alternatively, all eight Specialisations are included in the “Halo 4” Limited Edition (£69.99). All Specialisations will gradually be made available to download through Xbox LIVE in the months following launch.
The full limited edition contents have also been revealed. Let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.
- “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, providing an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, otherwise available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specialisations – Receive early access to six Specialisations, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet – Includes an armour customisation schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
- Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour
- Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin
- Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
- “Prime” In-Game Emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armour
- Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop
Also revealed is the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass which includes access to nine competitive multiplayer maps, three future War Games map packs, each including three maps which give players a variety of new exotic battlegrounds post-launch. The Halo 4 War Games Map Pass represents a discount of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the add-ons individually, and includes three in-game exclusives which are the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” helmets, and the “Falcon” in-game emblem. This will be available on November 6th for 2000 MS Points.
Halo 4 will launching worldwide for the Xbox 360 on November 6th 2012.