FIFA 12 Online news has been under lock and key since the very first screenshot was released all those months ago and it looks like much of it still is. However the arrival of gamescom has brought some small announcements. It’s not much, but it’s welcome news. FIFA 12 will feature Online Seasons.
For those of you who didn’t play FIFA World Cup 2010 here’s a run down of what you can expect from this most epic of online modes:
- The are 10 online leagues to work your way through and everyone starts in the bottom league 10
- Each league will consist of 10 games.
- There are no skill points, it’s simply 3 points for a win.
- If you win a win enough games in a season you’ll be promoted, lose too many and you’ll be relegated and anything in between will see you remain in that league for another season.
- You can pick up and put down your league progress at any time.
- At the end of each Online Season there is a Cup Competition, so if you don’t gain promotion you still have something to play for.
But the most comforting news is in the post image. Online Seasons will feature punishment for rage quitters by way of removing one of their 10 league games with no points awarded, should they quit. We also understand the DNF will be used to ring fence players. I.e, players with high DNF will be matched against others with a similar DNF automatically.
Sadly, this was pretty much all we got in terms of online announcements from the gamescom press conference. We were expecting more, but there’s still time. Expect clubs news on Thursday.