Enjoy cars? Find Jeremy Clarkson amusing? Well we have just the thing for you! The Forza Motorsports 4 team, along with Topgear.com, have today released a live action short film entitled “Endangered Species”.
The short film features the incredible driving of world renowned stunt driver Martin Ivanov (remember some of the crazy driving in The Bourne Supremacy, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol or Quantum of Solace? Yeah that was him…) along side the dulcet tones of Jemery Clarkson as narrator. It’s based around the premise that “the real world is becoming an unfriendly place for those who truly love automobiles” due to increasing environmental regulations, clogged motorways, safety restrictions and traffic cameras. Check it out today at Topgear.com!
More importantly, also out today (For Xbox LIVE Gold members at least…All other members have to wait a few days) is the demo of Forza Motorsport 4.
The demo includes 5 incredible cars:
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
- 2012 BMW M5
- 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
- 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque
All of which are driveable on a few circuits from the awesome new Bernese Alps track.
The Xbox LIVE integration also means the demo supports official leader boards for lap times and the new Rivals Mode which pits the player against their friends in a variety of game modes, whether they’re online or not!
The demo features 3 Rivals Mode games:
- Round the Mountain – In this hot-lapping challenge, you’ll race your rival in one of the world’s ultimate road cars, the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, through the breathtaking vistas of the Brunnen Lauterbraunen ribbon
- BMW Blitz – Put your driving skills to the test in the powerful, sharp-handling 2012 BMW M5 as you weave through slower traffic along the slowing Stadtplatz Circuit
- Alpine Rush – In this Track Day Rivals event, you’ll battle slower traffic as you navigate the sweeping turns of the Bernese Alps Club Circuit.
If fans pre-order Forza Motorsport 4 early enough they can get their hands on the “Launch Bonus” car park containing:
- Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
- Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera–from the Swedish verb “to act”–celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
- Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225bhp I6-powered engine.
- RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
- Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
Plus if you opt to get the Limited Collectors Edition (Exclusivly at GAME and Gamestation priced at £59.99) you will get the ultimate day-one experience with an additional 25 cars from exclusive car packs and bonus car offers. Bundled together with a polished Steelbook™ DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content includes the following:
- The VIP Car Pack ( 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge, 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, 2010 Noble M600 and 2011 RUF Rt 12 R)
- The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” car pack available for fans who order early (1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe, 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, 1997 Lexus SC300, 2011 RUF RGT-8 and 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport)
- A 10-car add-on pack of American muscle cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace)
- Custom-designed BMW cars from the “Forza Motorsport 4” BMW Design Challenge
- VIP Membership status within the Forza community, including special recognition in new community features, leader boards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more
- A book titled “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” written by the “Top Gear” team, is a stunning 96-page book that describes in-game cars from the Autovista™ experience and features imagery from game and the Top Gear photo library
- A vinyl sticker set featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and Turn 10
Visit the Forza Motorsport 4 pre-order page for more details.
“Forza Motorsport 4” launches on 14 October 2011 exclusively for Xbox 360. Will you be pre-ordering or shelling out for the Limited Collectors Edition? Let us know!