Koch Media have announced that the upcoming game, Game of Thrones which is based on the George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” series of novels, will be released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC early June, 2012.
The franchise has already sold over 15 million novels around the world and is also a hit TV show over on HBO. Now this incredible fantasy world will be brought to life on home consoles and PC in an action RPG that will boast all of the vengeance, allegiance, betrayal and honour fans have come to expect from the series.
The game comes with a brand new story which has had creative input from Martin himself, the game will throw players into a rich and fantasy environment as they take part in exillerating quests for the famous Iron Throne. Players will take on the role as either Mors, Sworn Brother of the Night’s Watch, or Alester, a Red Priest in search of redemption. They will visit iconic locations from Westeros including the Wall and the famous King’s Landing. Players will come face to face with well known characters such as Queen Cersei, Varys the Spider and Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch.
The main features include the following:
- An epic Action/RPG offering an original story based on the best-selling novels, “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R. Martin
- Lush, fantasy visuals powered by Unreal Engine 3.
- Visit familiar places and meet well-known characters, faithfully reproduced from the TV series
- Play the game from the viewpoint of two different charismatic characters, each with their own background and skills
- Progress the way you choose: get involved in epic fights, or try to solve explosive situations through dialogue!
Are you looking forward to Game of Thrones? Let us know via the comment section below.