Microsoft and Epic games have today announced the first DLC for Gears Of War 3 – the Horde Command Pack.
In the DLC which is set to be released on November 1st, gamers will get three new maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins and additional achievements worth an extra 250 Gamerscore. It will also feature new fortification upgrades to help gamers mow down the Lambent and Locust threats in the Horde mode.
It will be available for 800 MS Points. However people who purchased the Gears of War 3 Season pass will get it as a free download.
The features of the DLC stated by Microsoft can be seen below:
Three spectacular new maps:
· Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
· Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
· Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
· Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
· Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
· Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
· Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
· Onyx Guard
· Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins:
· Team Plasma
· Jungle Camo
Let us know your thoughts below.