Rockstar Games have today announced the release of the Deathmatch & Race Creators update for Grand Theft Auto Online.
Players will be prompted to download the latest title update to gain access to some of the same tool of the game design and development teams in order to craft custom skirmishes and races in any of the following modes:
- Team Deathmatch
- GTA Race
- Rally Race
Descriptions of the Deathmatch and Race Creators is as following:
You can create free-for-all or team variant modes; find your Deathmatch location anywhere in Los Santos or Blaine county, then drop the Trigger Location, where players will meet up to play your Deathmatch. Control the pace of your custom match with gameplay options Team Start Points and Spawn Points. With the operational foundation laid, dig into a full suite of Weapons and Vehicle customization; all weapon and vehicle classes are at your disposal to place around your Deathmatch. You can also drop Props like containers and ramps, to create hot spots for gunfights, more cover, or maybe you just want a few Sanchez dirt bikes to go airborne in the middle of a gunfight.
Get started with a working knowledge of race creation by playing through the tutorial and building a land race. Once you’ve successfully published your first Land Race, both Sea and Air Races will be available for creation. In the Race Creator you can set the basics; Race Type (Race, GTA Race, Rally Race) and Route Type (Laps or Point to Point), number of players, starting grid size, vehicle class and more. Once you’ve set the basics, the full map becomes your racing paradise – take your land, air and sea races anywhere you want them to go. Add stunt jumps with custom cameras, create obstacles, and take your opponents on your dream (their hell) ride through Los Santos and Blaine County.
Players will be able to test out creations thoroughly in order to make sure they are 100% ready before being published nside your GTA Online session and on the Social Club website.
The latest title update comes including a number of fixes which include:
- Players are now able to sell vehicles that they have purchased from websites.
- Players are now able to run in apartments and garages.
- Reward for being a good sport has been increased from $1,000 to $2,000
- Fixed an issue where a character’s tattoos would disappear when encountering cutscenes.
- Corrected an issue where players could make their vehicles and passengers invisible.
- Sticky Bombs can no longer be thrown during the countdown for the starts of GTA Races.
- Resolved issues where players were having problems accessing their accounts.
- Corrected issues with Bounties.
- Fixed an issue where players were charged full price for ammo for Grenade Launchers even if they were only buying one Grenade.
- Fixed an issue where Grenades could be filled up to maximum during UGC GTA Races.
- Team Balancing has been improved, friends and Crew members are now grouped together and Rank is taken into consideration.
- Fixed an issue where if a player has banked all of their cash, they were only charged minimal amounts for dying.
- The Karin Futo can now be recovered normally after being impounded.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to clone Tanks.
- Respawning has been improved to reduce the chance of repeatedly spawning in the same location.
- Cash rewards have been adjusted in Races, Deathmatches, and Parachuting to allow increases in pay-outs.
- There is now a 25% RP bonus at the end of Deathmatches, Missions, LTS, Survival, player kills, and AI kills when playing in Free Aim. This gives extra credit for completing actions with more skill.
- Until a Race has been verified, players cannot earn RP in UGC Races.
- Reduced the chance of being noticed by the Cops in stolen vehicles.
- Impromptu Races can no longer be launched when in certain jobs.
- Holdup Shopkeepers now have access to Ammu-Nation. You have been warned.
- Due to changes in Deathmatches (Weapon Locking), some objectives will no longer appear in this specific type of match.
- Weapon rewards (e.g. Shotgun in cop car) are blocked during weapon locked Deathmatches.
- During Weapon Locked Deathmatches, Ammo Drops will not contain Molotovs.
- Players who do not participate during Survivals can now be flagged as such by other players in the group and removed from the Survival.
- New icons added for differing types of personal vehicle.
- New awards added for the Creators.
- Players are given 1RP for every ‘like’ they receive for their creations in the Creators.
- Leaderboard functionality has been removed for any non-Rockstar content, i.e. no access to Social Club leaderboards in corona/end of mission, no best laps/personal bests, matched Crew for Head to Head etcetera.
- Passive Mode is now free ($0) to allow players more options when playing with friends.
Be sure to let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.