Media Molecule have revealed details surrounding an upcoming patch for LittleBigPlanet 3.
The upcoming patch will include the following:
New Save Profile Functionality to Prevent Save Profile Corruption Issues
– LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.05 introduces new Save Profile functionality on PlayStation 4 that will create a new Save Profile type that is labelled “ LittleBigPlanet 3 Profile”.
– Note: Whilst this new save profile format should help prevent you from losing any substantial progress. We would still recommend that to keep your save data extra-secure, you should still regularly back-up your “ LittleBigPlanet 3 Profile”, the new “ LittleBigPlanet 3” data and your Adventure/Popit Puzzles Profiles.
– Full instructions on how to back-up your LittleBigPlanet 3 data are located here:
– Diverging whilst capturing a character in Create Mode will no longer create a Custom Sackboy (known as the constantly running/spinning Sackboy) that is unusable in the Pod or other game modes.
– Attempting to equip costumes on Toggle will no longer cause the game to crash. This applies to both their standard costumes and any custom-made costumes containing Stickers and/or Decorations.
– Transforming as Toggle whilst entering a Level Link will no longer prevent the player from being able to enter the Level Link.
– Players will no longer encounter a potential crash issue when walking in front of a Level Link.
– Players can no longer use a known “Enable Adventure Save Warnings” glitch to copy Community Levels to their own Moon.
– Players can no longer use a known glitch to access Create Mode within their Pods.
– Collecting lots of Score Bubbles at once in multiplayer will no longer cause a game crash.
– Fixed a game freeze issue that may occur if the player simultaneously attempts to delete and move a level on their Earth using both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of LittleBigPlanet 3 at the same time.
– The game will no longer freeze if a player disconnects their Ethernet cable, re-connects it and attempts to join a Host Player multiple times.
– The game will no longer become stuck on an infinite loading screen, if the host removes their Ethernet cable whilst a player is changing character.
– Generally improved our multiplayer match-making functionality to help ensure successful connections with other players.
– Fixed a multiplayer connection failure issue that may occur when a player accepts a Game Invite whilst in a level.
– Fixed a multiplayer connection failure issue that may occur when attempting to join another player that is not a PSN Friend.
– Fixed a multiplayer connection issue that may occur when a player requests to join another player whilst already present in another Host Player’s game session and not the current Host Player.
– Players will no longer become disconnected from a multiplayer game session when attempting to join another player in the Ziggurat Grand Hall adventure level.
– Attempting to simultaneously join a player of your own accord and accepting an invite to join them will no longer cause a failure message to appear in both instances.
– Players will no longer get stuck on a loading screen if a network error occurs whilst trying to join a Pod that is already containing two or more players.
– Using the “Unlock LittleBigPlanet 2 Content” feature will no longer cause the game to freeze.
– The “Simon Says” Pin will now correctly unlock upon meeting the required criteria.
-The “Curated” Pin will now correctly count the amount of Hearts your Playlists have received and will now award this Pin accordingly.
– Disconnecting from the Host Player in any of the Adventure Hub Levels will no longer cause a streaming chunk error that could potentially break the active Adventure Hub levels.
– Fixed a stability issue that may occur if a network error occurs during any DLC restriction messages that may appear to users attempting to access DLC that they do not own.
– Fixed a “Failed to Load Player Profile” error that may occur after completing the Ziggurat Titan.
– Fixed a number of issues that may occur if a Host Player goes through a Level Link whilst another Player is rapidly using the Character Change Gate.
– Players will no longer get stuck on a loading screen when the game attempts to save their Popit Puzzles progress when their total save data for LittleBigPlanet 3 is about to exceed its maximum limit.
– Fixed an issue that would cause LittleBigPlanet 3 to become unresponsive after completing a Community Level.
– The Introduction level will now load correctly when the player imports their LittleBigPlanet 2 Content during the first boot-up of LittleBigPlanet 3.
– Players will no longer be forcibly terminated from this level if a network error occurs whilst multiple players are being matched to each other.
– The Background will no longer disappear when a player joins a game in-progress in this level.
– The moving walls during the closing walls sequence will now correctly re-open for re-spawned players should they die multiple times during this sequence in a multiplayer game session.
– Fixed an issue that may cause the game to crash when attempting to access the Colour Properties menu of the Tennis Ball item in this level.
– Players will no longer receive a streaming chunk file error message when the Host Player quits LittleBigPlanet 3 whilst in this level.
– Fixed a gameplay divergence issue that may occur when playing this level during a multiplayer game session.
– Swoop will no longer get stuck in a tube in Cloud Caravan.
(We were too polite to ask Swoop if they have been dieting or if the tube was made wider.)
– Fixed an issue during the Toggle sequence that would cause Little Toggle to be invisible and then permanently re-spawn as Sackboy upon death, making this sequence impossible to complete.
– Fixed a progression blocker that may occur if the player were to fly upwards at the beginning of the Swoop sequence in this level.
– Fixed a progression issue that may occur when a player joins a Popit Puzzle level as a tutorial level begins to play. Previously the tutorial would pause and all players would be unable to progress, this no longer occurs.
– Fixed a gameplay issue where Sackboy was unable to replenish his Boost Boots correctly after the 6th
– The “Battle On The Ice” Music Track will now function correctly.
– Tag Sensors will now display the correct colour assigned by the creator.
– Attaching an Object Saver to a Sackbot’s circuit board will no longer cause the player to receive a profile error.
– Faded Objects can now be correctly box-selected. This fix also allows them to be correctly captured again.
– Wires coming from Tools placed on a Faded Object will no longer be invisible.
– The Output on Tools can now be correctly grabbed when placed on a Faded Object.
– Placing a Tool on an active Circuit Board will no longer cause a game crash.
– Removing an Incremented Counter from a Microchip will no longer cause a game crash.
– Fixed a crash issue that may occur when the Thermometer is nearly full in Create Mode.
– Fixed a crash issue that may occur when a NOT Gate is deleted whilst receiving an input from a Randomiser.
– Fixed a crash issue that may occur in Create Mode when attempting to shift an object backwards when the Thermometer is near its maximum capacity.
– The game will no longer crash when attempting to take a contraption with an Advance Mover attached on it into a Velociporter.
Costume – Metal Gear Solid – Ground Zeroes: Skull Face Costume
– Little Toggle’s Skull Face Costume Trousers will no longer stretch when switching layers.
– Marshmallow’s Feet can now be properly unequipped.
LittleBigPlanet DLC Issues
Missing Purchased DLC Update
– Working with the regional PlayStation Store teams we have identified the issues causing this content to be missing for LittleBigPlanet 3 and we will now address these issues as soon as possible.
– You can expect to see your purchased content re-appearing during upcoming PlayStation Store updates in the coming weeks and you will be able to re-download your content for LittleBigPlanet 3 at no extra cost.
Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the upcoming patch via the comment section below.