After the success of Lumines on the PSP, as soon the PS Vita was announced it was almost inevitable the game would be making its way to Sony’s shiny new handheld.
With the Tokyo Games Show currently taking place, Ubisoft has released details and screenshots for the upcoming Vita version of the hit music-puzzler. Check out the list of features, game modes and screenshots below.
- New block mechanics: For the first time in the series, special new block mechanics give players additional strategic options. Clear huge block combos using the powerful Chain Block, and learn to master the randomizing powers of the Shuffle Block.
- Star-studded musical line-up: Featuring some of the best and brightest names in electronic music, Lumines for PS Vita’s soundtrack is a diverse selection of known artists as well as original tracks composed by Q Entertainment’s sound team, providing the ultimate aural experience.
- All-new EXP system: Lumines for PS Vita rewards player effort and investment by providing an in-depth player profile, deep stat tracking, and a new Experience Points system that rewards every player’s play style with a level-based reward system. The more you play –whether in solo or versus play— the richer your Lumines experience will be.
- Social experience: How do you stack up against your friends? Whether you’re a new Lumines player or a veteran of the series, Lumines for PS Vita’s new social features will encourage you to play just “one more game.” Another level, another rank, or another reward is always within reach.
New Game Modes
- Journey mode: This mode allows players to experience the game’s carefully arranged flow and take a beautiful musical journey.
- Duel mode: Take on another Lumines player in a musical puzzle battle to the finish. Use the game’s all-new block mechanics to gain the upper hand!
- Stopwatch mode: Score as many points as you can as the clock ticks down in specially-designed stages created for maximum impact.
- Masters mode: A high-speed, high-velocity, tournament-level mode designed for the best of the best!