2015 was a fantastic year for Xbox, with sales and global engagement reaching a record high.
The sales and global engagement were helped by a number of factors, which included some great titles that come out and also the added feature of Backwards Compatibility. The sales were at a record high due to the best-selling Xbox One Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle and the Elite Controller. Every title in the exclusive Christmas 2016 games line-up – Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6 and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition also sold over 1 million units each.
This year is set to be even bigger year for Xbox and Microsoft, with exclusive titles confirmed this year, including:
- Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer Beta in Spring 2016/Launch in Fall 2016
- Quantum Break (Xbox One) – April 5, 2016
- Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer in Summer 2016
- Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016
Windows 10 has also seen a surge of use, with Christmas sales for Xbox One and other devices meaning that Windows 10 is now active on more than 200 million devices around the world. Are you looking forward to a great year of gaming on Xbox One? Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the past year and the year ahead for Xbox in the comment section below.