It’s longer, harder and gorier. Well, that’s what the cover art for House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut states.
Is this the truth? It’s a tough one, but going by what SEGA are telling us, we might just be inclined to say yes. Just take a look at the long list of features that will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3 version of on-rails zombie shooter.
- PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
- OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition graphics and stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
- Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Exclusive missing reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
- Online leaderboards to track high scores and stats
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
- New PlayStation trophies to unlock
- Improved boss fights in all levels
- New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
House of the Dead: Overkill on the Wii was a right laugh, and it seems like this PlayStation 3 version will be even better. Shooting up crazy zombies in HD, what more could you ask for really?!
House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut is set to be released on October 25th in North America and on October 28th in Europe.