Sony has stated that the PlayStation Vita will have a battery life between three and five hours if you use it primarily to play games.
If you use the handheld to watch video the battery will last for five hours, whereas the life will extend to nine hours if the device is mainly used to listen to music. These time are based on the Vita being in standby mode. If the battery is completely empty, it will take approximately two hours and forty minutes to get the system fully charged.
A full list of the PlayStation Vita’s specifications can be seen below:
- Model number: PCH-1000 series
- CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)
- GPU: SGX543MP4+
- Main memory: 512MB
- VRAM: 128MB
- External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Weight Approx: 279g (3G/Wi-Fi model), 260g (Wi-Fi model)
- Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colours, OLED, Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera; Frame rate: 120fps@320×240(QVGA), 60fps@640×480(VGA); Resolution: Up to 640×480(VGA)
- Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone
- Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Threeaxis electronic compass
- Location: Built-in GPS (3G/Wi-Fi model only), Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys/Switches: PS button, power button, directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), shoulder buttons (Right/Left), right stick, left stick, START button, SELECT button, volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G/Wi-Fi model only), 3G modem (data communication): HSDPA/HSUPA *specification for Japanese region, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP?
- Slots/Ports: PlayStation Vita card slot, memory card slot, SIM card slot (3G/Wi-Fi model only), multi-use port (for USB data communication, DC IN, Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In], Serial data communication), headset jack (Stereo mini jack) (for Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In]), accessory port
- Power: Built-In Lithium-ion Battery: DC3.7V 2200mA, AC adaptor: DC 5V
- Operating environment temperature: 5??35?
- Supported AV content format: Music – MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3, MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM). Videos – MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Photos – JPEG (Exif 2.2.1), TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG
In addition to the specification list, Sony has stated the basic PlayStation Vita bundle will ship with a USB cable, AC adaptor and power chord.
What do you think of the PlayStation Vita’s battery life and specification? Be sure to let us know your thoughts via the comments section below.