2K and Firaxis Games have today revealed a free-to-play weekend for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
The free-to-play weekend comes as the pre-purchase details for the expansion Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide have been revealed. Those who pre-purchase the upcoming expansion will receive 10% off their full purchase. The free-to-play weekend beings today at 6:00 p.m. BST and concluding this Monday, August 17th at 6:00 p.m. BST. The expansion includes six custom maps which have been inspired by real exoplanets, which include:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Let us know if you will be playing Beyond Earth this weekend in the comment section below.