Ubisoft have today announced their post-release plans for The Division.
After the game is launched on March 8th, players will be able to take on new tasks and challenges within the main storyline and end-game through daily and weekly missions as well as Dark Zone events. In addition to these ongoing activities, two free updates will be available to all players, adding new features and most-wanted functionalities. These include:
- Incursions: In April, the first free update will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment. This update will also add one of the community’s most-wanted feature, loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session
- Conflict: In May, the second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle.
There will also be paid DLC that is released in the coming months and is available via the Season Pass, Gold Edition and the Sleeper Agent/Collector’s Edition. These expansions include:
- Expansion I: Underground – Available in June, this first major expansion lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.
- Expansion II: Survival – Available this summer, this expansion will challenge players to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies in a very hostile environment.
- Expansion III: Last Stand – Next winter, a new threat rises as players and their squad must prepare to defend against a relentless foe.
Be sure to let us know your thoughts on Ubisoft’s plans for The Division in the comment section below.