Sega have announced that Total War: Rome 2 will be released for the PC on September 3rd.
Those who wish to pre-order the game will get access to the day-one DLC, which is the Greek States Culture pack. This features three new playable factions including Epirus, Athens and Sparta. The Collector’s Edition has also been revealed which includes the following:
- Numbered copy of Total War: ROME II. This version comes in a debossed Steelbook case, laser-etched with your unique collector’s number in Roman numerals.
- Tabula set: The Roman forerunner to Backgammon, this Tabula set comprises 30 bone-effect game pieces supplied in their own burlap drawstring bag; the board itself is built into the base of the Collector’s Edition box.
- Tesserae Dice: Three replica bone-effect dice for use in a variety of games. The design is based on original Roman Tesserae, found at the archaeological site of Herculaneum.
- Total War Cards: PUNIC WARS: Designed from the ground up to echo elements from ROME II, Total War Cards is a game of skill and luck for two players. Involving combat, territorial control, resource management and technological development, PUNIC WARS consists of 58 high-quality playing cards and a game-board printed with the PUNIC WARS tech-tree.
- Canvas Campaign Map: A reminder of the world you must conquer, this ribbon-tied canvas map depicts each of the 57 provinces of the ROME II campaign.
- Roman Onager: A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult. This easy-to-assemble kit is constructed from weathered wood and steel, measures 26cm x 12cm x 12cm, and is capable of unleashing small projectiles at a variety of inanimate objects which may have affronted the glory of your empire.
A trailer has also been released alongside the announcement. Let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.