Hot on the heels of the official announcement earlier this month, Ubisoft has today released new information and screenshot for Rainbow 6: Patriots.
As revealed previously, Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat known as the “True Patriots,” a highly-trained, well-organized group of militias. Capitalising on the growing sense of frustration and anger in a modern day America that they feel is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests, led by a calculating figurehead called Tredway, the “True Patriots” will stop at nothing to overthrow the government and financial institutions to reclaim their country. You will take on the role of a new Team Rainbow member, and face critical scenarios that will require you to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new terrorist threat.
According to Ubisoft, not only will Rainbow 6 Patriots feature a dynamic single-player storyline, but it will also introduce a huge variety of new innovative co-op and multiplayer experiences.
The full list of new features that will be included in Rainbow 6: Patriots can be seen below:
- UNPRECEDENTED NARRATIVE – Patriots’ storyline explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. The game will allow players to experience events from multiple perspectives creating an unprecedented level of immersion.
- A NEW THREAT FOR A NEW TEAM – Terrorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
- ENHANCED SQUAD MANAGEMENT – At the press of a button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
- EVOLVED COMBAT – The game’s combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted ‘Aussie Style Rappel’, Infiltrate & Subdue, to name a few.
- INTENSE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE – Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Once such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
- SURPRISE AND OVERPOWER ENEMIES – Utilize the game’s new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad’s best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.
The plot still sounds a little like a Metal Gear Solid game if you ask us, but that’s no bad thing, far from it in fact. We’re happy to hear that Ubisoft are paying more attention to the story, and some of the new gameplay features don’t sound to bad either. What do you guys think? Be sure to let us know via the comments section below.
Rainbow 6 Patriots is set to be released sometime in 2013 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.