One of the stand-out titles from 2011, Naughty Dog’s, Uncharted 3 won its first award last night at the Writers Guild of America award ceremony with writer of the critically acclaimed series, Amy Hennig picking up the Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing.
This is writer, Amy Hennig’s second time winning a prestigious award at the WGA’s after she won a 2009 award (in February 2010) for the second instalment of the action-adventure series with, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Game director of Uncharted 3, Justin Richmond posted the news on Twitter.
Up against Uncharted 3 this year were some big-hitters with the same team for Assassins Creed: Revelations that took the award home last year for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. The full list of nominees are below.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, Story by Alexandre Amancio, Jean Guesdon, Corey May, Darby McDevitt; Multiplayer Story by Stéphane Blais, Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Script Writer Darby McDevitt; Script Writers Richard Farrese, Nicholas Grimwood, Corey May, Jeffrey Yohalem; Greek and Turkish Ambient Dialogue Writer Vincenzo Beretta; Ubisoft
- Batman: Arkham City, Lead Narrative Designer Paul Crocker; Story Written by Paul Dini, Paul Crocker and Sefton Hill; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Brink, Lead Writer Edward “Bongoboy” Stern; Bethesda Softworks
- Mortal Kombat, Story by John Vogel, Brian Chard, Dominic Cianciolo, Alexander Barrentine, Jon Greenberg; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Written by Amy Hennig; Sony Computer Entertainment