Viewpoint Games have today announced the release of VR Karts for Oculus Rift.
It is available now via Oculus Home and Steam for the fantastic price of $14.99. It offers gamers the chance to get behind the wheel, dodge missiles and lap the competition in a way they never have before. Key features include:
- Use Oculus’ eye tracking to aim at rival racers and blow them away with a variety of unique weapons.
- Use your wing mirrors to defend your race position preventing your competition from sneaking up behind you
- Race with up to 8 players online across a wide variety of different tracks
- Test your racing skills across four different cups – Rookie, Amateur, Pro and Random
- Viewpoint Games will be releasing new and free content in the coming months
- Think you’re the hottest racer in town? Prove it with time trial mode and online leaderboards
- Customise your characters with a wide range of different items and colours at your disposal
Those with Samsung Gear VR can also pick up its sister title, VR Karts: Sprint, available now for Gear VR, allowing Samsung owners their own exhilarating virtual reality racing experience. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.