Microsoft have announced that the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner is getting a European release this October.
The Xbox One Digital TV Tuner will be available in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain, allowing users to experience premium live TV features on Xbox One, such as the ability to access your favourite shows and channels with the sound of your voice through the OneGuide. It will be priced at £24.99.
It will provide an over-the-air digital terrestrial TV experience through the USB single tuner, an alternative to accessing TV content from a cable or satellite set-top box connected through the HDMI-In port. The new digital TV tuner will also support free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television standards. The capabilities include:
- Watch HD TV on Xbox One: With the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you can watch free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television channels without changing TV inputs. You can receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV and even watch TV while you wait for a multiplayer match to start.
- TV Viewing in Snap Mode: You can watch TV using the Snap mode, watching TV on the side and leaving the main screen for games, Skype, or other applications.
- Pause Live TV: Pause your favorite show when you get up to take a break.
- TV Listings in the OneGuide: TV listings will be available in the OneGuide. From anywhere, say “Xbox show guide, what’s on BBC One?” to quickly navigate directly to that channel’s listings.
- Favourite Channels in the OneGuide: Create your own personal Favourites in the OneGuide so you can easily choose what you want to watch.
- Channel Tuning by Voice: The OneGuide allows you to call out your favourite TV channel by name and start watching it instantly.
- The OneGuide on Xbox SmartGlass: Now you have access to the full OneGuide on the new Xbox SmartGlass app with the ability to tune channels on your TV.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in the OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.
Let us know if you will be getting the Digital TV Tuner for your Xbox One via the comment section below.