2K have today announced that a new patch is now available to download for XCOM 2.
The new patch should automatically download when you next restart the Steam client. The patch includes the followng:
- Added Zip Mode gameplay option. While Zip Mode is enabled animation (like step outs & gremlin movements) speeds are significantly increased. Normal movement animations are moderately increased.
- Fixed an issue where shadow rendering during glam cam shot transitions was slowing down performance
- Support for nVidia SLI and AMD Crossfire
- Removed MSAA options from default presets and adjusted autodetect to target 40FPS instead of 30FPS
- Reworked Light Clipping Manager
- Particle Vertex Buffer Reallocation
- Optimization to shadows in the Avenger
- Enable triple buffering to fix VSync performance
- Shadowed light fade out within Avenger; Disabled Post & Pre Mission cinematic lights not being used
- Disabled shadow casting from character lights w/in Avenger
- Reduced High Shadow Resolution – Reduce shadow resolution when set to HIGH to 1536, instead of 2048
- Reduces the impact count of the Avatar Rifle
- Removed a hitch that occurs when the camera enables/disables building visualizer
- Deferred profile saves to next tick. This prevents multiple calls within the same frame from creating multiple requests to save the profile
- After changing graphics settings, based on the selected preset, extra crew will be capped
- Character head mesh optimize
- Added a new recommended Steam Controller configuration with support for additional actions
- Fixed an issue where VIP units would take damage when their origin location was damaged
- Mimic beacon rebalance: Price increased to 75 (100 on legend, 3 corpses on legend). Mimic beacons can no longer take cover, and are guaranteed to be hit by enemy shots.
- Fixed an issue where Promotion Earned text appeared before action is seen on screen
- Fixed an issue that was preventing civilians from pathing to ladder tiles.
- Fixed an issue where Character Pool choices like Class, Attitude, and props did not save
- Fixed an issue where weapons did not keep names and customizations upon tier bump
- Fixed an issue causing some scan timers to go into negative time
- Engineering items that are full squad upgrades are now designated in the UI
- Wet Work is no longer retroactive
- Fixed an issue where strategy project timers reset if players started building a radio relay immediately after making contact with a region
- Fixed an issue with POIs not spawning when first visiting the Geoscape if Beginner VO is turned off
- Minimized action camera obstructions
- Minimized camera look-at hopping during AI abilities
- Fixed an issue where Psi abilities did not trigger death cams
- Kill Zone now respects concealment status
- Fixed an issue where the Ever Vigilant AWC perk did not work for Sharpshooters
- Buildings don’t cut down when tabbing through units
- Fixed an exploit that skips the AI turn by spamming the END/BACKSPACE button while the Player’s last action is being visualized
- Rapid Fire and Chain Shot visualization optimized to get the second shot to fire faster
- Fixed an issue where shot GHUD wings would close following a number of actions
- Fixed an issue where crit chance would be negatively affected by shots with a success chance greater than 100
- Graze is no longer a chance for 100% shots. Targets being shot by a concealed attacker cannot dodge.
- Optimized Return Fire hits causing long delays
- Optimized AI reveals causing long hangs
- Optimized Wait actions causing long timeouts
- Optimized falling unit visualization to timeout faster
- Updated the Geoscape save description to use the localized HQ time, instead of previously used GMT game time
- Fixed an issue with an invalid spawn point on a specific Retaliation mission plot
- Destroyed cover does not take reduce % to-hit on enemies
- Players will now be able to press “Load Anyways” when loading a save when the mods used are not present
- New option to only use Character Pool creations until the pool is exhausted
- Bulletproofing bad saves from causing main menu crashes
- Fixed an issue causing hitches in strategy
- CookerSync and FxdBuildTool changes to get CrashDumpPerssion tool to distribute – opt to send in crash dumps to Firaxis.
- Destroy soldier pawns created during after action walkup sequence
- Fix for out of bounds world data access in destructibleActor
- Fixed an issue where players gets stuck in an infinite turn loop
- Fixed an issue where armor customizations did not save
- Unit Highlighting Flash when targeting units
- Removed “Stasis Lance” from subtitles
- MULTIPLAYER: Fixes slow communications with internet players resulting in delays between actions, turns, and end-of-game screen.
- Added camera rotation to MP
Let us know what you think of the latest patch in the comment section below.