Nintendo have revealed new details about the introductory storyline and gameplay in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
The new Zelda game, which is one of the biggest in the history of Nintendo development will feature new story elements that lay the foundation for the events that will happen for the rest of the Zelda series. This includes the creation of the Master Sword. This is an ancient and powerful weapon that has been a constant in the game’s 25 year history.
The introductoy storyline and details about some of the characters can be seen below:
• Introduction: The new game’s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link™ is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honour of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda™.
• Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
• Groose: Link’s nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link’s chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda’s special bond.
• Fi: Early on in Link’s new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. Fi’s guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
• Zelda’s father: Gaepora, Zelda’s father, is the headmaster of Link’s school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.
Let us know your thoughts below.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is set to be released on the Nintendo Wii on November 18th.